Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wretched timing to be sick.

Well, after a wonderful week of nearly-daily training (crossfit and jiu jitsu) I seem to have fallen prey to another cold.  I suspect it's because I'm on the immune suppressant medications to resolve my infertility issues... but in any case, it makes me sad to miss training while our visiting brownbelt is in town.  I hope I feel well enough to train tomorrow-- but I'm definitely off the mats for tonight.

In the meantime, check out this series of videos by Stephen Kesting with fifty ways to improve your grappling immediately.  I think I need these reviews-- I've forgotten a lot, and what I do remember is MUCH harder than I remember it being (and it was dang hard in my memory.)

2 comments:

http://eatsleepandbreathejiujitsu.wordpress.com/ said...

It's tough luck catching colds. I've went through spells where i seem to be sick every few weeks, for months on end.

Training suffers big time as a result. I look after myself, good nutrition plenty of fluids etc which makes it even more frustrating.

Busy life, busy job and a commitment to training takes it toll on the body unfortunatley :(

Megan said...

Thanks for this. Thanks to the evil of FB, I've kinda fallen out of touch with Kesting's stuff.

Glad you're feeling better!